finally 2nd GF 970 replaced

Talk about anything here.

Moderators: =XE=AO, =XE=Officers, =XE=GOA

Lieutenant Colonel

finally 2nd GF 970 replaced

Postby =XE=CyStriker » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Gents:

I received my new Geforce GTX 970 yesterday and installed. I worked right out of the box. EVGA replaced the defective board. I now have two working as SLI and not the 2nd one as
a math co-processor!

I am rebuilding my second Thrustmaster Hotas Cougar with UB2 NXT gimbals and Hall sensors in the flight stick. I rebuilt the first set with Miles magnetic Hall sensors. I have a 3rd COugar I will use for spare parts. I still need to build my "baby chair" with removal center tray for the keyboard. I also sent away for the Stratojet stick ... their latest one... This will be exclusively for WWII flight sims ... adding the 25cm stick extension as well... greater control.

I am going to start to play IL-2: Cliffs of Dover, DCS World, and possibly another flight sim wwII era. I will still play BF4, I want to start back into "Squad" and America's Army.

I do not see anyone on either of the coms channels....

Roland

General

Re: finally 2nd GF 970 replaced

Postby =XE=KiL-RoY-GOA » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Good to hear ya got your replacement card Cy. With BF4 dying I have not been on much. Just Sunday thru Tuesday. I recently upgraded to the Nvidia 1070 GTX Oc but I haven't got to play with it yet. Hope to see ya on soon so we chat a little.

Return to General Discussions